Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Easter!

Hey guys,

It's been a while, but we have been busy again after the school grade level trips. But since it is Easter today I just wanted to do a quick post to tell you guys what I have been up to!

Even though we don't celebrate Easter here in Vietnam, I found these cutest egg DIY's here to decorate your eggs! They may be late but you can just look at them and feel the adorableness.


I am also very keen to try out this DIY block printing - it sure looks amazing, but I bet it's not easy!



So the end of quarter is coming, and lots of stuff are due for us around this time. Which is why we've been so busy, but there are still some things I want to show you.

First, my wire portraiture project has been completed, and I am so happy because it has come out really well. I made two pieces for the series, but I am planning to do more and make it into an installation later in the future.

Below are the pieces (excuse the crumbled white screen!) and at the end of the post is a video I made for one of the pieces.


Top/bottom: "Alek"/"Alek II"
Click here for higher resolution photo.
I am also working on two more projects, one in which is not going to be revealed yet but one will involve decorating a door with beautiful tribal patterns (inspired by tribal clothing patterns of Vietnamese ethnic minorities).




Aren't they beautiful? Photos credit to Wandering Threads.


Door sticker by Artfire - mine will be similar, except it will be on a wooden brown door :)
Anyhow, happy Easter and see you soon :)
-Chi


Hand-bent wire portraits with different perspectives.
Featuring "Alek". Background track: Ellie Goulding - High For This
This is a grade 11 IB Visual Art Studio project.
Chi Mai, UNIS Hanoi. 17/03/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment