Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Crafting & some DIY

Me and Abi had a free period yesterday so we spent some time crafting. I happened to find a whole lot of cute pattern printables and was printing them out, cutting them and putting them in good use. Meanwhile Abi, crazed for Melbourne, created a calendar counting down to the day she goes back to Melbourne again. Haha.


Such lovely patterns!


I cut out some patterned paper slips for my jar project that is coming soon....


The wonders you can do with Sharpie...
...well in this case Chinese black felt tip pens thatsuck (on normal paper that is)


As I am also doing a wire project for my art studio work I am exploring what I can do with wire. So below is a little DIY for you and your creative minds.

Basically all you do is have a moderately thick wire that you can bend and reshape (copper, aluminum). Then choosing a template or not you can create name tags, or text ornaments and all that jazz. I've followed these few steps to make Alex a name tag myself:


1. You need paper. yes you do. Unless you are making something super simple and doesn't need a template or guide for your wire. I used tracing paper here, because I was also using an image before. So you can place the image at the bottom and outline using tracing paper and make your stuff, thats good as well.

2. Draw the template. or if you already have, trace it.

3. Using tape and the wire, carefully bend with your fingers or with a plier for tighter corners and shaping the wire like you want. Just use tape that you can actually take out without the ripping paper... for obvious reasons.

4. Then decorate away! I used balls of yarn to roll around my letters and they became super puffy and adorable.

A quick note, if your letter involves an x usually you can work around it with the single wire but this time because I ran out of wire I added another piece instead and glued it on with a glue gun.



Improvise, and see where your creativity may bring you! :)
Good luck,
Chi 

No comments:

Post a Comment