Tuesday, July 30, 2013

G'day again

Hello again!

It's been super long and I thought I was never going to post again, but because I am extremely bored (I still have lots of stuff to do though) and of course I just love bloggin' so I'm here to interest you with me, my life and I lately.

So it's been summer, woooo and I haven't been up to much except... procastinating. But! I've been doing SOME stuff so don't be too disappointed.

So first of all... my shop was opened! :) It has been opened for quite a while now, sorry I couldn't update on it :( But I first opened a temporary shop because I had a lot of things and wanted to sell them but I didn't quite have a pretty website to go with it (if you know me I'm all about the pretty interface) so I had a temp. one here: http://fretsytemp.tumblr.com/


And then after that... I spent some time at the beginning of summer polishing and trying to release the actual shop. Which has now opened! It's on storenvy now, and jesus christ the coding and stuff was tiring. It's safe to say I am glad I am not a graphic designer... because I suck at coding. Haha!


I love how Storenvy also provides a place for you in the marketplace! It's a lovely site to host your shop for free.
So I am so eager to get it going! I've sold quite a few stuff; the shorts seem to be selling very well. I am planning to expand to selling also some tops and graphics as well. And hopefully accessories when I have the cost to do that.

Bed of Flowers, Fretsy. Pre-order now at $14!
Secondly, there has been a major change in my career path... I am no longer going to be doing math for uni. Instead I am going for design! My parents agreed as it would make me so much happier in life rather than doing math. I am so happy with this decision, and I have been working a lot in researching and trying to build my portfolio for the career route.

After doing a lot of research I decided to do product design, which is a course that suits my interest most. Even though I like interior design more, product design is more efficient I guess for me and my future. I'm also planning to go to England, so I'm looking at a few options for uni over there also.

So speaking about design, I have been building my portfolio, do lots of projects, and during summer I did mostly the shop but also some graphic designing, and I also designed and made a hanging lamp! or chandelier. haha. I will upload pictures and update you soon on that one.


better pictures will be up soon when I come back to school to set up & take 'em!
I also have a few projects going under way. One is a LED Pop art project, another is an interior design project (this one is a bit difficult right now as no one is lending me furniture :'(). I've also got to update my Art book, haha haven't done that in a while (whoops)

Also another big thing that I did during summer was my new album! I recently released an album of 9 songs with 8 that are new, and this album was specially dedicated to Alex Mclean, my LDR boyfriend from Australia. It's his 18th birthday this Friday! Come and have a listen, I have a cool mashup and a few covers and some originals to share! http://chimai.bandcamp.com/


That's all of my news. Oh and! I also received the scripts and everything for the musical already. So excited!

What have you been up to all summer?
-Chi

No comments:

Post a Comment